Manage software testing /
- Publication info:
- Boca Raton : Auerbach Publications, c2008.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- Manage software testing / Peter Farrell-Vinay.
- Main Author:
- Farrell-Vinay, Peter.
Boca Raton : Auerbach Publications, 2008
- Related Resource:
"Whether you are inheriting a test team or starting one up, Manage Software Testing is a must-have resource that covers all aspects of test management. It guides you through the business and organizational issues that you are confronted with each day, explaining what you need to focus on strategically, tactically, and operationally." "Using a risk-based approach, the author addresses a range of questions about software product testing. The book covers unit, system, and non-functional tests and includes examples of how to estimate the number of bugs expected to be found, the time required for testing, and the date when a release is ready. It weighs the cost of finding bugs against the risks of missing release dates or letting bugs appear in the final released product." "It is imperative to determine if bugs exist and then be able to assess how quickly they can be found, the cost of finding them (or not), and how many you can risk leaving in the product when it is released. With this book, test managers can effectively and accurately establish these parameters."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xxiii, 573 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 513-526) and index.
9780849393839 (alk. paper)0849393833 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Big Questions You Need Answers To
- 3. Risk Management
- 4. Test Planning and Management
- 5. Testing and the Web
- 6. Overall Test Life-Cycle
- 7. Testing Processes and Infrastructure
- 8. Test Documents
- 9. Test Team and Its Context
- 10. Outsourcing
- 11. Test Techniques: Functional (Black-Box)
- 12. Test Techniques: Structural (White-Box)
- 13. Test Techniques: Static Analysis
- 14. Unit Test Process
- 15. System and Acceptance Testing
- 16. Performance and Stress Testing
- 17. Usability Test Process
- 18. Metrics
- App. A. Examples
- App. B. Checklists
- App. C. Category and Priority Classifications for Bug Reporting
- App. D. Tools.