The dynamics of performance management : constructing information and reform /
- Publication info:
- Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, c2008.
Peter F. Bronfman Business Library
On the Shelf
- The dynamics of performance management : constructing information and reform / Donald P. Moynihan.
- Main Author:
- Moynihan, Donald P.
Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, 2008
- Related Resource:
"Drawing on research from state and federal levels, Moynihan illustrates how governments have emphasized some aspects of performance management - such as building measurement systems to acquire more performance data - but have neglected wider organizational change that would facilitate the use of such information. In his analysis of why and how governments in the United States have made the move to performance systems, Moynihan identifies agency leadership, culture, and resources as keys to better implementation, goal-based learning, and improved outcomes." "A valuable resource for public administration scholars and administrators, The Dynamics of Performance Management offers fresh insight into how government organizations can better achieve their public service goals."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xiii, 250 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 225-239) and index.
9781589011946 (alk. paper)1589011945 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- 1. Era of Governance by Performance Management
- 2. Performance Management as Doctrine
- 3. Partial Adoption of Performance Management Reforms in State Government
- 4. Explaining the Partial Adoption of Performance Management Reforms
- 5. Explaining the Implementation of Performance Management Reforms
- 6. Interactive Dialogue Model of Performance Information Use
- 7. Performance Management under George W. Bush
- 8. PART and the Interactive Dialogue Model
- 9. Dialogue Routines and Learning Forums
- 10. Rethinking Performance Management
- Appendix A. Interview Protocol for State Interviews
- Appendix B. State Backgrounds - Political Culture, Budgeting Practices, Performance Management History, and Corrections Policies
- Appendix C. Program Assessment Rating Tool.