Métis-Crown relations : rights, identity, jurisdiction and governance /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Irwin Law, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Public policy and aboriginal peoples, 1965-1992. Volume 4, Bibliography / produced by the Centre for Policy and Program Assessment, School of Public Administration, Carleton University = Politique officielle et peuples autochtones, 1965-1992. Volume 4, Bibliographie / produite par le Centre for Policy and Program Assessment, École d'administration publique, Université Carleton.
KF 8210 G6 C368 1993
Projections of the population with aboriginal identity, Canada, 1991-2016 : summary report / prepared by: Mary Jane Norris, Don Kerr, François Nault, Population Projections Section, Demography Division, Statistics Canada for: Andrew J. Siggner, Special Advisor, Research Statistics, Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples.
KF 8210 G6 C369 1996
- Métis-Crown relations : rights, identity, jurisdiction and governance / Frederica Wilson & Melanie Mallet, editors.
- Other Authors:
Toronto : Irwin Law, 2008
- Physical Description:
xviii, 500 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Ethnohistory and the development of native law in Canada : advancing aboriginal rights or re-inscribing colonialism? / Arthur J. Ray
- Defining the "Metis" of Canada : a principled approach to Crown-aboriginal relations / Paul L.A.H. Chartrand
- Federal and provincial Crown obligations to the Metis / Jean Teillet
- Beyond space and time : a purposeful examination of section 91(24) of the Constitution Act, 1867 / Charlotte A. Bell
- Are the Metis in Section 91(24) of the Constitution Act, 1867? An issue caught in a time-warp / Bradford W. Morse
- Reconciling differences between the Metis Nation and the Crown : an agenda for law reform / Mark L'Hirondelle Stevenson
- "Neither fish nor indians" : pursing Crown-Metis relations through historical evidence concerning policies and the Constitution Act, 1930 / Frank J. Tough
- Metis interjurisdictional immunity : a third way to protect Metis Constitutional Rights? / Dale Gibson
- Fiddling with head 91(24) : Metis interjurisdictional immunity / Albert C. Peeling
- Interjurisdictional immunity and Metis aboriginal rights : a provincial perspective / P. Mitch McAdam
- The Metis and the doctrine of interjurisdictional immunity : a commentary / Kent McNeil
- The Metis nation's self-government agenda : issues and options for the future / Jason Madden
- Metis self-government : reflections on the way forward / Fred Caron
- The aboriginal justice inquiry : child welfare initiative : creating the Metis child and family services authority / Harvey Bostrom, Alison Rogan, and Richard Asselin
- Government on the Metis settlements : foundations and future directions / Catherine Bell and Harold Robinson.