Earl Warren and the Warren Court : the legacy in American and foreign law /
- Publication info:
- Lanham [Md.] ; Toronto : Lexington Books, c2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Personal Subject:
- Earl Warren and the Warren Court : the legacy in American and foreign law / edited by Harry N. Scheiber.
- Other Authors:
Lanham [Md.] ; Toronto : Lexington Books, 2007
- Related Resource:
- Item Description:
"Published in cooperation with IGS Press for the Institute for Legal Research at the University of California, Berkley."
- Physical Description:
xii, 368 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780739116357 (pbk. : alk. paper)0739116355 (pbk. : alk. paper)97807391163400739116347
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the Warren Court, American law, and modern legal cultures / Harry N. Scheiber
- Doctrines : questions of equality and liberty. Venturing onto the path of equal representation : the Warren Court and redistricting / Melissa Cully Anderson and Bruce E. Cain
- The black basis of constitutional development / Malcolm M. Feeley
- Race, agency, and equal protection : a retrospective on the Warren Court / Sheila Foster
- How Earl Warren's twenty-two years in law enforcement affected his work as Chief Justice / Yale Kamisar
- Corliss Lamont and the postmaster general : a synecdoche for the First Amendment in the era of the Warren Court (1953-1969) / William van Alstyne
- The early hours of the post-World War II model of constitutional federalism : the Warren Court and the world / Vicki C. Jackson
- Process : judicial style and strategy. The Warren Court and Congress / Gordon Silverstein
- Avoiding constitutional questions in the early Warren Court : judicial craftsmanship and statutory interpretation / Philip P. Frickey
- Impact : the legacy in other legal systems. The seduction of judicially triggered social transformation : the impact of the Warren Court in Latin America / Javier A. Couso
- The Warren Court in East Asia : an essay in comparative law / Thomas Ginsburg
- The impact of the Warren Court in Canada : a view from the trenches / Edward Greenspan
- Political hero, legal dwarf? : the impact of the Warren Court in Europe / Eivind Smith
- An American dilemma and the Scandinavian dream : the citizen meets modernity and the strong nation-state : a study in comparative legal cultures / Kjell Åke Modéer
- Afterword : Earl Warren : a law clerk's memory of the man and the court / Jesse H. Choper.