Precarious work, women and the new economy : the challenge to legal norms /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Oregon : Hart Publishing, 2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Precarious work, women and the new economy : the challenge to legal norms / edited by Judy Fudge and Rosemary Owens.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, Oregon : Hart Publishing, 2006
- Item Description:
"A series published for the Oñati Institute for the Sociology of Law"."This collection of essays ... was presented at a Workshop on 'Precarious Work, Women and the New Economy ...' held at the International Institute for the Sociology of Law (IISL), Oñati, Spain, from 30 June to 2 July 2004"--Acknowledgments.
- Physical Description:
xxx, 401 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -394) and index.
1841136158 (hbk.)9781841136158 (hbk.)
Table of Contents
- Precarious work, women, and the new economy : the challenge to legal norms / Judy Fudge and Rosemary Owens
- Supranational norms and discourses about precarious work. Rights, risks, and reward : governance norms in the international order and the problem of precarious work / Kelly Rittich
- Gender, precarious work, and the International Labour Code : the ghost in the ILO closet / Leah F Vosko
- Promoting precariousness? : the response of EU employment policies to precarious work / Diamond Ashiagbor
- Working time and precarious work. Time to dream? : flexibility, families, and the regulation of working time / Joanne Conaghan
- The need for a reduced work week in the United States
- Vicki Schultz and Allison Hoffman
- Gender and the legal regulation of employment breaks / Claire Kilpatrick
- A matter of status? : protecting precarious workers. Precarious norms for precarious workers / Sandra Fredman
- Self-employment, women, and precarious work : the scope of labour protection / Judy Fudge
- The regulation of paid care work in the home in Quebec : from the hearth to the global marketplace / Stéphanie Bernstein
- Old laws/new workers. The new face of employment discrimination
- Katherine V.W. Stone
- On the gendered norm of standard employment in a changing labour market / Jenny Julén Votinius
- The legal production of precarious work / Rosemary Hunter
- The challenge of flexibilty. Flexibility and security, working time, and work-family policies / Susanne D. Burri
- Engendering flexibility in a world of precarious work / Rosemary Owens.