Protection of First Nations cultural heritage : laws, policy, and reform /
- Publication info:
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Protection of First Nations cultural heritage : laws, policy, and reform / edited by Catherine Bell and Robert K. Paterson.
- Other Authors:
Vancouver : UBC Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
xx, 441 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Restructuring the relationship : domestic repatriation and Canadian law reform / Catherine Bell
- International movement of First Nations cultural heritage in Canadian law / Catherine Bell and Robert K. Paterson
- The protection and repatriation of indigenous cultural heritage in the United States / James Nafziger
- Ancestral remains in institutional collections : proposals for reform / Robert K. Paterson
- Unsitely : The eclectic regimes that protect aboriginal cultural places in Canada / Bruce Ziff and Melodie Hope
- Policies and protocols for archeological sites and associated cultural intellectual property / George P. Nicholas
- The interconnection of intellectual property and cultural property (traditional knowledge) / Robert G. Howell and Roch Ripley
- First Nations intangible cultural heritage concerns : prospects for protection of traditional knowledge and traditional cultural expressions in international law / Rosemary J. Coombe
- Non-legal instruments for the protection of intangible cultural heritage : key roles for rthical codes and community protocols / Kelly Bannister
- Indigenous cultural heritage rights in international human rightslaw / Mohsen al Attar, Nicole Aylwin, and Rosemary J. Coombe
- From time immemorial : The recognition of aboriginal customary law in Canada / Norman Zlotkin
- Looking beyond the law : questions about indigenous peoples' tangible and intangible property / Val Napolean
- Concluding thoughts and fundamental questions / Michael Asch.