Tackling gender inequality, raising pupil achievement /
- Publication info:
- Edinburgh : Dunedin Academic, c2008.
On the Shelf
Shortchanging girls, shortchanging America : executive summary : a nationwide poll that assesses self-esteem, educational experiences, interest in math and science, and career aspirations of girls and boys ages 9-15 / commissioned by the American Association of University Women ; researched by Greenberg-Lake--the Analysis Group.
LC 212.82 S56 1994
- Tackling gender inequality, raising pupil achievement / edited by Christine Forde.
- Other Authors:
Edinburgh : Dunedin Academic, 2008
- Physical Description:
vii, 86 p. ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 73-79) and index.
9781903765746 (pbk.)1903765749 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Ch. 1. Gender in an inclusion agenda: boys first, girls first? / Christine Forde
- Ch. 2. Responding to concerns: policies and strategies in gender and education / Rae Condie
- Ch. 3. Literacy and gender - contextualisation and development / Alastair McPhee
- Ch. 4. Organising boys and girls: are single-gender contexts the way forward? / Jean Kane
- Ch. 5. Self-concept, self-esteem, identity and gender / George Head
- Ch. 6. Taking gender forward / Rae Condie, Christine Forde and George Head.