Same-sex marriage and the Constitution /
- Publication info:
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Same-sex marriage and the Constitution / Evan Gerstmann.
- Main Author:
- Gerstmann, Evan.
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008
- 2nd ed.
- Related Resource:
- Item Description:
Previous edition published: 2003.
- Physical Description:
xiv, 231 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 215-225) and index.
9780521882507 (hardback)0521882508 (hardback)9780521709132 (pbk.)052170913X (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- The challenge of same-sex marriage. Reason and prejudice : is the heterosexual monopoly on marriage rational?
- Looking for stricter scrutiny : sexism, heterosexism, and class-based equal protection
- Marriage as a fundamental constitutional right. The fundamental right to marry
- Same-sex marriage and the fundamental right to marry
- Rights and equality. Should courts create new rights?
- Identifying fundamental rights
- Rights in a democratic society. Democracy, neutrality, and consistency of principle
- Principles and practicalities.