Interpreting Mozart : the performance of his piano pieces and other compositions /
- Publication info:
- New York : Routledge, c2008.
Sound and Moving Image Library
On the Shelf
- Personal Subject:
- Interpreting Mozart : the performance of his piano pieces and other compositions / Eva & Paul Badura-Skoda.
- Main Author:
- Badura-Skoda, Eva.
- Other Authors:
New York : Routledge, 2008
- 2nd ed.
- Uniform Title:
- Related Resource:
- Local Note:
SCOTT: Compact disc available at SMIL-DESK.
"Originally published in German as 'Interpreting Mozart on the Keyboard' in 1957, this definitive work on the performance of Mozart's works has greatly influenced students and scholars of keyboard literature and of Mozart. Now, in a completely updated and revised edition, Interpreting Mozart includes the last half century of scholarship on Mozart's music, addressing the elements of performance and problems that may occur in performing Mozart's works on modern instruments. Topics include dynamics, tempo and rhythm, articulation, embellishments, playing with an orchestra, and technique. The second edition includes an audio CD with examples of the works discussed."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xvii, 474 p. : ill., music ; 27 cm. + 1 CD (4 3/4 in.)
Includes bibliographical references (p. 455-462) and indexes.
Table of Contents
- 1. Mozart's World of Sound
- 2. Dynamics
- 3. Problems of Tempo and Rhythm
- 4. Articulation
- 5. Ornaments
- 6. Improvised Embellishments
- 7. Cadenzas and Lead-Ins (Eingange)
- 8. "Expression and Gusto"
- 9. In Search of the Best Text
- 10. Playing with Orchestra
- 11. Some Technical Questions in the Piano Works
- 12. Remarks on the Interpretation of Selected Piano Works
- App. 1. Mozart's Reported Tempo for Pamina's G-minor Aria
- App. 2. List of the Best Presently Available Editions of Mozart's Piano Music
- App. 3. Example for basso continuo Realisation (K. 449/1).