Topics in transnational law and globalizations : general course 1 : reading materials.
- Publication info:
- [Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School], 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
Holdings: LAW v. 1-2
On the Shelf
- Topics in transnational law and globalizations : general course 1 : reading materials.
- Corporate Author:
[Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School], 2008
- Portion of Title:
- Transnational law and globalizations
- Meeting Name:
- Item Description:
"ATLAS Agora, July 7-25, 2008".Title from cover.
- Physical Description:
2 v. ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Week 1. Making globalization work / Joseph E. Stiglitz
- Blind spots : towards a feminist analytics of today's global economy / Saskia Sassen
- The role of formal contract law and enforcement in economic development / Michael Trebilcock and Jing Leng
- Global bukowina : legal pluralism in the world society / Gunther Teubner
- Constructing a new rights regime : promises, problems and prospects / Issa G. Shivji
- The governance triangle : regulatory standards institutions and the shadow of the state / Kenneth W. Abbott, Duncan Snidal
- Competitive supragovernmental regulation : how could it be democratic / Errol Meidinger
- Three questions about corporate codes : problematizations, authorizations and the public/private divide / Stepan Wood
- The international constitutional order / Erika de Wet
- Constitutionalism in international law : comment on a proposal from Germany / Armin von Bogdandy
- International institutions today : an imperial global state in the making / B.S. Chimni
- Constitutional conceits : the WTO's constitution and the discipline of international law / Jeffrey L. Dunoff
- Revisiting state succession to humanitarian treaties : is there a case for automaticity / Akbar Rasulov
- General comment on issues relating to the continuity of obligations to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights / United Nations, Human Rights Committee.Week 2 and 3. Global legal pluralism / Paul Schiff Berman
- Reconceptualizing law and politics in the transnational : constitutional and legal pluralist approaches / Ruth Buchanan
- Giving effect to public international law and European Community law before domestic courts : a comparative analysis of the practice of consistent interpretation / Gerrit Betlem and André Nollkaemper
- How supreme is the supreme law of the land? : comparative analysis of the influence of international human rights treaties upon the interpretation of constitutional texts by domestic courts / Yuval Shany
- Globalization of judgment : transjudicialism and the five faces of international law in domestic courts / Reem Bahdi
- On the migration of constitutional ideas / Frederick Schauer
- Constitutional comparisons : convergence, resistance, engagement / Vicki C. Jackson
- Book reviews. Conflict of norms in public international law : how WTO law relates to other rules of international law / Joost Pauwelyn
- Die koordination des WTO-Rechts mit anderen völkerrechtlichen Ordnungen : Konflikte des materiellen Rechts und Konkurrenzen der Streitbeilegung / Jan Neumann
- Bridging fragmentation and unity : international law as a universe of inter-connected islands / Joost Pauwelyn
- Regime-collisions : the vain search for legal unity in the fragmentation of global law / Andreas Fischer-Lescano, Gunther Teubner ; translated by Michelle Everson
- Legal differentiation and the concept of the human rights treaty in international law / Matthew Craven
- The road to Doha and beyond : some reflections on the TRIPS agreement and public health / Haochen Sun
- Trade policy & labor standards / Michael J. Trebilcock, Robert Howse
- Investment treaty arbitration as a species of global administrative law / Gus Van Harten and Martin Loughlin
- Transnational communities and the concept of law / Roger Cotterrell
- Bottom-up international lawmaking : reflections on the New Haven School of International Law / Janet Koven Levit
- New legal realism and the ethnography of transnational law / Sally Engle Merry
- Madly off in one direction : McGill's new integrated polyjural, transsystemic law programme / Harry Arthurs
- Towards cosmopolitan law / Richard Janda.