Your dissertation in education /
- Publication info:
- Los Angeles ; London : SAGE, 2008.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- Your dissertation in education / Nicholas Walliman and Scott Buckler.
- Main Author:
- Walliman, Nicholas S. R.
- Other Authors:
Los Angeles ; London : SAGE, 2008
- Rev. ed.
- Item Description:
Previous ed.: published as Your undergraduate dissertation / by Nicholas S.R. Walliman. 2004.Rev. ed. is tailored specifically to the needs of education students.
- Physical Description:
xv, 310 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and index.
9781412946223 (hbk.)9781412946230 (pbk.)1412946220 (hbk.)1412946239 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- 1. What Is a Dissertation?
- 2. What Is Educational Research?
- 3. What's All This About Ethics?
- 4. What Will It Be About?
- 5. How Do I Get Started?
- 6. How Do I Write a Proposal?
- 7. How Do I Write an Introduction?
- 8. Where Do I Get Hold of All the Necessary Background Information?
- 9. How Can I Manage All the Notes?
- 10. What About Referencing?
- 11. How Do I Argue My Point Effectively?
- 12. How Do I Write a Literature Review?
- 13. What Sorts of Data Will I Find and How Much Do I Need?
- 14. What's All This About Philosophy?
- 15. How Do I Conduct Effective Interviews?
- 16. How Do I Structure Effective Questionnaires?
- 17. How Do I Undertake Effective Observations?
- 18. How Do I Write a Methodology Chapter?
- 19. How Do I Analyse Quantitative Data?
- 20. How Do I Analyse Qualitative Data?
- 21. How Do I Write a Discussion Chapter?
- 22. How Can I Work Effectively with My Supervisor?
- 23. What About Working and Planning My Time?
- 24. How Can I Manage a Long Piece of Writing?
- 25. How Can I Make My Work Look Interesting and Easy to Read?
- 26. Who Else Might Be Interested in My Writing?