We shall overcome : a history of civil rights and the law /
- Publication info:
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- We shall overcome : a history of civil rights and the law / Alexander Tsesis.
- Main Author:
- Tsesis, Alexander.
New Haven : Yale University Press, 2008
- Physical Description:
x, 369 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780300118377 (cloth : alk. paper)0300118376 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Liberty through revolution
- Constitutional republic of equals?
- The controversy about slavery
- Sectional compromise and national conflict
- Reconstructing the American dream
- Unraveling constitutional reconstruction
- Political restrictions and developments
- Progressive transitions
- Rights in the regulatory state
- The war against tyranny
- Expanding civil rights
- The Warren Court's achievements
- Sketches of the continuing legal effort.