Just a number : an international legal analysis on age discrimination /
- Publication info:
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub., c2008.
On the Shelf
- Just a number : an international legal analysis on age discrimination / Anne-Marie Mooney Cotter.
- Main Author:
- Cotter, Anne-Marie Mooney.
Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub., 2008
"Whilst workers' organizations and third-party analysts around the world commonly cite age as the most prevalent form of discrimination in the workplace, age discrimination has not had the same high profile as discrimination on grounds of sex or race." "This book allows readers to better understand the issue of ageism and inequality. It examines the primary role of legislation and court processes in combating age discrimination at both national and international levels. Including the role of NAFTA and the EU in this respect, it also provides a detailed examination of the relationship between age issues and the law, and will be an important resource for those involved in age discrimination and elder rights."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
352 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -349) and index.
9780754672067 (alk. paper)0754672069 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to Just a Number
- 2. Just a Number in Age Discrimination
- 3. Just a Number in the United Nations
- 4. Just a Number in Australia and New Zealand
- 5. Just a Number in Africa and South Africa
- 6. Just a Number in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- 7. Just a Number in the North American Free Trade Agreement
- 8. Just a Number in the United Kingdom and Ireland
- 9. Just a Number in the European Union
- Conclusion to Just a Number.