Work motivation in organizational behavior /
- Publication info:
- New York : Psychology Press, 2008.
Peter F. Bronfman Business Library
On the Shelf
- Work motivation in organizational behavior / Craig C. Pinder.
- Main Author:
- Pinder, Craig C.
New York : Psychology Press, 2008
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
xii, 587 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 487-549) and indexes.
Table of Contents
- Foreword / Lyman W. Porter
- Pt. 1. How Theories of Work Motivation are Developed
- 1. Work Motivation, Productivity, and the Economy
- 2. Methods of Inquiry in Work Motivation Theory and Research
- Pt. 2. Alternative Models of Human Functioning
- 3. Human Nature: Needs and Values as Motives at Work
- 4. Human Nature: Affect and Emotions as Motives to Work
- 5. Power, Love, and Sex as Motives at Work
- 6. Social Motives and Self-Esteem as Motives at Work
- 7. Job Design as a Contextual Source of Work Motivation
- 8. Causes and Consequences of Frustration at Work
- Pt. 3. Concepts of Work Motivation and Ultimate Determinants of Behavior
- 9. Beliefs, Attitudes, and Intentions
- 10. Human Reactions to Work, Jobs, and Organizations
- 11. Equity, Fairness, and Justice Motives Related to Work
- 12. Expectancy-Valence Theories of Work Motivation
- 13. Goal-Directed Theories
- Pt. 4. Views of "Work Motivation" and Work Behavior
- 14. Learning, Behavior Control, Social-Cognitive Theory, and Self-Management
- Pt. 5. Summary and Evaluation of Progress
- 15. Profits, Slaves, and Hopes for Strawberry Fields of the Future.