International governance and law : state regulation and non-state law /
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, c2008.
Leslie Frost Library
On the Shelf
International law : norms, actors, process : a problem-oriented approach / Jeffrey L. Dunoff, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Law, Temple University Beasley School of Law ; Steven R. Ratner, Bruno Simma Collegiate Professor of Law, University of Michigan Law School ; David Wippman, Dean and William S. Pattee Professor of Law, University of Minnesota Law School.
KZ 3410 D86 2015
- International governance and law : state regulation and non-state law / edited by Hanneke van Schooten and Johathan Verschuuren.
- Other Authors:
Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 2008
- Physical Description:
xiii, 240 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781847207272 (hbk.)1847207278 (hbk.)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction / Jonathan Verschuuren
- 2. What is non-state law? Mapping the other hemisphere of the legal world / Marc Hertogh
- 3. Philip Selznick: incipient law, state law and the rule of law / Martin Krygier
- 4. point of law: the interdependent functionality of state and non-state regulation / Sanne Taekema
- 5. Can there be law without the state? The Ehrlich-Kelsen debate revisited in a globalizing setting / Bart van Klink
- 6. Ehrlich's non-state law and the Roman jurists / Olga Tellgen-Couperus
- 7. Environmental regulation and non-state law: the future public policy agenda / Neil Gunningham
- 8. hardness of soft law in the United Kingdom: state and non-state regulatory activities related to nanotechnological development / Barbel Dorbeck-Jung and Marloes van Amerom
- 9. Barristers beyond the law: state and non-state actors work in partnership to enforce legal and moral norms / Jenny Job
- 10. In a world without a sovereign: native title law in Australia / Francesca Dominello
- 11. Regulating the living will: the role of non-state law at the end of life / Oliver W. Lembcke
- 12. influence of court judgments on non-state law / Hans Peters
- 13. Conclusions and challenges: towards a fruitful relationship between state regulation and non-state law / Hanneke van Schooten and Jonathan Verschuuren.