Child labour in a globalized world : a legal analysis of ILO action /
- Publication info:
- Aldershot, Hants : Ashgate, c2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- Child labour in a globalized world : a legal analysis of ILO action / edited by Giuseppe Nesi, Luca Nogler and Marco Pertile.
- Other Authors:
Aldershot, Hants : Ashgate, 2008
- Item Description:
"The Department of Law of the University of Trento initiated a research project on "The Supervisory System of the ILO and Child Labour" in 2004 ... The present book is the outcome of that project"--Preface, p. [xi].
- Physical Description:
xxiv, 467 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -456) and index.
9780754672227 (alk. paper)0754672220 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the fight against child labour in a globalized world / Marco Pertile
- The ILO's legal activities towards the eradication of child labour : an overview / Anne Trebilcock and Guido Raimondi
- Limiting the minimum age : Convention 138 and the origin of the ILO's action in the field of child labour / Matteo Borzaga
- The contribution of the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work to the Elimination of Child Labour / Lee Swepston
- The worst forms of child labour : a guide to ILO Convention 182 and Recommendation 190 / Deepa Rishikesh
- Slavery and practices similar to slavery as worst forms of child labour : a comment on Article 3(a) of ILO Convention 182 / Silvia Sanna
- Prostitution, pornography and pornographic performances as worst forms of child labour : a comment on Article 3(b) of ILO Convention 182 / Joost Kooijmans
- The use of children in illicit activities as a worst form of child labour : a comment on Article 3(c) of ILO Convention 182 / Yoshie Noguchi
- Hazardous work as a worst form of child labour : a comment on Article 3(d) of ILO Convention 182 / Julinda Beqiraj
- Freedom from child labour as a human right : the role of the UN system in implementing ILO child labour standards / Alessandro Fodella
- The contribution of the World Bank in fostering respect for ILO child labour standards / Sabine Schlemmer-Schulte
- The elimination of child labour and the EU / Matthias Hartwig
- ILO child labour standards in international trade regulation : the role of the WTO / Giovanna Adinolfi
- The implementation of ILO child labour standards in domestic legal systems : the role of criminal law / Emanuela Fronza and Kolis Summerer
- Trade, ILO child labour standards and the social clause : definitions, doubts and (some) answers / Fabio Pantano and Riccardo Salomone
- The implementation of ILO child labour standards in Africa : Mali
- an assessment from a socio-legal perspective / Amadou Keita
- The implementation of ILO child labour standards in Asia : overview and selected issues / Ravindra Pratap
- The implementation of the ILO's standards regarding child labour in South America : a general overview and the most meaningful achievements / Wilfredo Sanguineti Raymond
- Is the eradication of child labour 'within reach'? : achievements and challenges ahead / Bob Hepple
- Appendix. Convention concerning the Prohibition and Immediate Action for the Elimination of the Worst Forms of Child Labour.