Women, crime, and character : from Moll Flanders to Tess of the d'Urbervilles /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2008
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Women, crime, and character : from Moll Flanders to Tess of the d'Urbervilles / Nicola Lacey.
- Main Author:
- Lacey, Nicola.
Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2008
- Item Description:
"This book is an expanded version of the Clarendon Lectures 2007 ..."--Preface and acknowledgements, p. [xi].
- Physical Description:
xiv, 164 p. ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -155) and index.
9780199544363 (alk. paper)0199544360 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- 'Don't go to murder my character' : criminal responsibility in the age of Moll Flanders
- 'What is the use of a woman's will? ': the demise of Moll in the age of sensibility
- 'The weaker half of the human family'? : responsibility, mind and morals in the age of Tess.