The dissenting tradition in American education /
- Publication info:
- New York : P. Lang, c2007.
On the Shelf
- The dissenting tradition in American education / James C. Carper and Thomas C. Hunt.
- Main Author:
- Carper, James C.
- Other Authors:
New York : P. Lang, 2007
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xii, 286 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780820479200 (pb : alk. paper)0820479209 (pb : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- John Hughes: Catholic dissent in nineteenth-century New York City
- Institutionalizing Catholic dissent: the nineteenth-century parochial school
- The Bennett law: a source of dissent
- Questioning the prevailing orthodoxy: Bible-reading and the Edgerton decision
- Protestant dissent in the nineteenth century: three Presbyterians
- The Christian day school movement: new Protestant dissenters
- The state and the new Protestant dissenters: the Whisner decision
- Homeschooling redivivus: accommodating the Anabaptists of American education
- Final thoughts.