Graduate students in transition : assisting students through the first year /
- Publication info:
- Columbia, SC : National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition, University of South Carolina, 2008.
On the Shelf
Pour une vision actualisée des formations universitaires aux cycles supérieurs / [préparé par la Commission de l'enseignement et de la recherche universitaires ; rédaction, Mélanie Julien, Lynda Gosselin ; recherche, Lynda Gosselin ... et al. ; coordination, Mélanie Julien]
LB 2371.6 C3 P68 2010
- Graduate students in transition : assisting students through the first year / Kenneth A. Tokuno, editor.
- Other Authors:
Columbia, SC : National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition, University of South Carolina, 2008
- Physical Description:
170 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Overview of graduate student education: issues, theories, and specific populations. Transitions in context: an overview of U.S. graduate education / by Kim Rapp and Chris M. Golde
- Theories relating to the transition into graduate study / by Kenneth A. Tokuno
- Transitional needs of masters' students / Joshua Alexander and Michelle Maher
- Graduate students of color: unique challenges / by Miya Simpson
- International graduate students: adjusting to study in the United States / by Maureen Snow Andrade. Strategies, initiatives, and innovations
- Orientation programs for graduate students / by Michael C. Poock
- The transition course: supporting graduate students' adjustment / by Jan Allen
- A new context for mentoring: graduate learning communities / by Richard Pratt and Kenneth A. Tokuno
- Graduate student centers: locus for services and community / by Lydia Soleil
- An expanded perspective on the graduate transition: strategies for supporting students from application to completion of the first year / by Leslie B. Sims
- Conclusion: recommendations for practice / by Kenneth A. Tokuno.