Crime, procedure and evidence in a comparative and international context : essays in honour of Professor Mirjan Damaška /
- Publication info:
- Oxford [England] ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Personal Subject:
- Crime, procedure and evidence in a comparative and international context : essays in honour of Professor Mirjan Damaška / edited by John Jackson, Máximo Langer and Peter Tillers.
- Other Authors:
Oxford [England] ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2008
- Physical Description:
xii, 438 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : Damaška and comparative law / John Jackson and Máximo Langer
- Mirjan Damaška : a bridge between legal cultures / Harold Hongju Koh
- The decay of the inquisitorial ideal : plea bargaining invades German criminal procedure / Thomas Weigend
- Sentencing in the US : an inquisitorial soul in an adversarial body? / William T. Pizzi
- Italian criminal procedure : a system caught between two traditions / Luca Marafioti
- The two faces of justice in the post-Soviet legal sphere : adversarial procedure, jury trial, plea-bargaining and the inquisitorial legacy / Stephen C. Thaman
- Some trends in continental criminal procedure in transition countries of South-Eastern Europe / Davor Krapac
- Dances of criminal justice : thoughts on systemic differences and the search for the truth / Elisabetta Grande
- Cognitive strategies and models of fact-finding / Craig R. Callen
- Are there universal principles or forms of evidential inference? : of inference networks and onto-epistemology / Peter Tillers
- Extraterritorial jurisdiction : applications to 'terrorism' / M. Cherif Bassiouni
- Transnational faces of justice : two attempts to build common standards beyond national boundaries / John Jackson
- Reflections on the 'hybridisation' of criminal procedure / Mireille Delmas-Marty
- The confrontation right across the systemic divide / Richard D. Friedman
- The good faith acquisition of stolen art / John Henry Merryman
- Faces of justice adrift? : Damaška's comparative method and the future of common law evidence / Paul Roberts
- Utility and truth in the scholarship of Mirjan Damaška / Ronald J. Allen and Georgia N. Alexakis
- Sentencing and comparative law theory / Richard S. Frase
- No right answer? / James Q. Whitman
- Anglo-American and continental systems : marsupials and mammals of the law / Richard Lempert
- Appendix : Interview with Mirjan Damaška / Máximo Langer.