Using emerging technologies to enhance student engagement /
- Publication info:
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2008
On the Shelf
- Using emerging technologies to enhance student engagement / Reynol Junco and Dianne M. Timm, editors.
- Other Authors:
San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 2008
"Higher education faculty and staff in general, and student affairs professionals in particular, are behind the curve in their use of information technology. Student affairs professionals are only starting to become aware that they should learn about the technologies that students have already integrated into their lives. It is imperative that student affairs professionals understand these technologies and learn how to implement them to enhance student learning, build a sense of community, increase student engagement, and facilitate communication. This volume examines recent research on how information technology is affecting college student development and explores ways in which institutions are responding to increased demands for using emerging technology in supporting students."--BOOK JACKET.
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
[iv], 132 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Editors' Notes / Reynol Junco and Dianne M. Timm
- 1. Introduction to Technologies Commonly Used by College Students / Reynol Junco and Gail A. Cole-Avent
- 2. Have You Facebooked Astin Lately? Using Technology to Increase Student Involvement / Greg Heiberger and Ruth Harper
- 3. Technology Use in Campus Crisis / Jeanna Mastrodicasa
- 4. Students' Technology Use and the Impacts on Well-Being / Shelia R. Cotton
- 5. Blogging in the Academy / Shane Nackerud and Kurtis Scaletta
- 6. Privacy and Social Networking Sites / Dianne M. Timm and Carolyn J. Duven
- 7. Technology for Institutional Enrollment, Communication, and Student Success / Grace Salas and Julie S. Alexander
- 8. Beyond the Horizon / Dianne M. Timm and Reynol Junco.