Alternative routes to teaching : mapping the new landscape of teacher education /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, c2008.
On the Shelf
Testing teacher candidates : the role of licensure tests in improving teacher quality / Committee on Assessment and Teacher Quality, Center for Education, Board on Testing and Assessment, Division on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council ; Karen J. Mitchell ... [et al.], editors.
LB 1762 N37 2001
- Alternative routes to teaching : mapping the new landscape of teacher education / edited by Pam Grossman and Susanna Loeb.
- Other Authors:
Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, 2008
- Physical Description:
242 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 207-230) and index.
9781934742013 (Library ed.)1934742015 (Library ed.)9781934742006 (pbk.)1934742007 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Ch. 1. development of alternative certification policies and programs in the United States / Kenneth Zeichner and Elizabeth A. Hutchinson
- Ch. 2. Who goes into early-entry programs? / Karen Hammerness and Michelle Reininger
- Ch. 3. Getting beyond the label : what characterizes alternative certification programs? / Daniel C. Humphrey and Marjorie E. Wechsler
- Ch. 4. Is fast-track preparation enough? : it depends / Susan Moore Johnson and Sarah E. Birkeland
- Ch. 5. But do they stay? : addressing issues of teacher retention through alternative certification / Jason A. Grissom
- Ch. 6. Assessing the effectiveness of teachers from different pathways : issues and results / Marsha Ing and Susanna Loeb
- Conclusion. Taking stock : future directions for practice and research / Pam Grossman and Susanna Leob.