Intangible cultural heritage and intellectual property : communities, cultural diversity and sustainable development /
- Publication info:
- Antwerp : Intersentia , c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Intangible cultural heritage and intellectual property : communities, cultural diversity and sustainable development / Toshiyuki Kono (ed.).
- Other Authors:
Antwerp : Intersentia , 2009
- Physical Description:
xv, 415 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 389-415).
Table of Contents
- Conventions for the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage : unresolved issues and unanswered questions / Toshiyuki Kono
- Intangible cultural heritage identified : inventories as an essential part of the safeguarding process / Steven Van Uytsel and Toshiyuki Kono
- Heritage as culture : limits, uses and implications of intangible cultural heritage inventories / Antonio A. Arantes
- Managing intellectual property options when documenting, recording and digitizing intangible cultural heritage / Wend B. Wendland
- India's TKDL : definition and classification of intangible cultural heritage and traditional knowledge in the context of inventory making / Vinod K. Gupta
- Inventory making and fairy tales : safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage in historical perspective / Steven Van Uytsel
- Conceptualization of community as a holder of intangible cultural heritage / Branislav Hazucha and Toshiyuki Kono
- Indigenous intangible cultural heritage and ownership of copyright / Terri Janke
- Who is the "holder" of intangible cultural heritage? Revisiting the concept of community from an intangible cultural heritage perspective / Shubha Chaudhuri
- On the shoulders of the "other'ed" : intellectual property rights in intangible cultural heritage and the persistence of indigenous peoples' texts and inter-texts in a contextual world / Ikechi Mgbeoji
- Community as a holder of intangible cultural heritage : a broader public policy perspective / Branislav Hazucha
- Prior informed consent : empowering the bearers of cultural traditions / Joël-David Dalibard and Toshiyuki Kono
- Prior informed consent and traditional knowledge in a multicultural world / Graham Dutfield
- Prior informed consent : experiences with ethnomusicology recordings / Wim van Zanten
- Prior informed consent : an intellectual property law perspective / Ryu Kojima
- Safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage : benefits and potential harms / Branislav Hazucha and Toshiyuki Kono
- Fighting against biopiracy : moving from the obligation to disclose to effective benefit sharing / Jacques de Werra
- Documentation and digitization of traditional knowledge and intangible cultural heritage : challenges and prospects / Chidi Oguamanam.