Post-neoliberalism in the Americas /
- Publication info:
- Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
On the Shelf
- Post-neoliberalism in the Americas / edited by Laura Macdonald, Arne Ruckert.
- Other Authors:
Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009
- Physical Description:
xv, 296 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 250-279) and index.
Table of Contents
- Post-Neoliberalism in the Americas: An Introduction / Laura Macdonald and Arne Ruckert
- Sect. I. Theoretical and Conceptual Issues
- 1. Contradictions and Transformations of Neo liberalism in Latin America: From Structural Adjustment to "Empowering the Poor" / Marcus Taylor
- 2. Post-Neoliberalism and the New Left in the Americas: The Pathways of Economic and Trade Policies / Pablo Heidrich and Diana Tussie
- 3. Struggling between Autonomy and Institutional Transformations: Social Movements in Latin America and the Move toward Post-Neoliberalism / Ulrich Brand and Nicola Sekler
- 4. Post-Neoliberalism and the Emergence of Human Rights Politics in International Finance / Elizabeth Friesen
- Sect. II. Post-Neoliberalism in Latin America
- 5. Hugo Chavez and the Search for Post-Neoliberal Policy Alternatives in Venezuela / Judy Meltzer
- 6. From Naked Barbarism to Barbarism with Benefits: Neoliberal Capitalism, Natural Gas Policy, and the Evo Morales Government in Bolivia / Jeffery R. Webber
- 7. Is There a Post-Neoliberal Policy toward Foreign Direct Investment in Argentina and Chile? / Paul Alexander Haslam
- 8. World Bank and the Poverty Reduction Strategy of Nicaragua: Toward a Post-Neoliberal World Development Order? / Arne Ruckert
- 9. "Re-Branding" of Neoliberalism: Competing Hegemonies and Systemic Dilemmas Impacting Educational Development in Heavily Indebted Latin American States / Adam Davidson-Harden
- Sect. III. Transformations of Neoliberalisrn in the Americas
- 10. Neoliberalism and the Micropolitics of Domination in the United States / Mary Hawkesworth
- 11. Poverty Policy and Politics in Canada and Mexico: "Inclusive" Liberalism? / Rianne Mahon and Laura Macdonald
- 12. Shaping of Motherhood through Social Investment in Children: Examples from Canada and Mexico / Lucy Luccisano and Glenda Wall
- 13. Neoliberalism's Agnosticism: Domestic and Immigration Policies and the Model Family in Canada and the United States / Lois Harder.14. Colombia's Neoliberal Regime of Governance: Securitization by Dispossession / Cristina Rojas
- 15. Afterword: Post-Neoliberal Politics and Pathways / Laura Macdonald and Arne Ruckert.