Rule by law : the politics of courts in authoritarian regimes /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge [UK] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Rule by law : the politics of courts in authoritarian regimes / edited by Tom Ginsburg, Tamir Moustafa.
- Other Authors:
Cambridge [UK] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
x, 378 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 337-362) and index.
9780521895903 (hardback)0521895901 (hardback)9780521720410 (pbk.)0521720419 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the functions of courts in authoritarian politics / Tamir Moustafa and Tom Ginsburg
- Of judges and generals : security courts under authoritarian regimes in Argentina, Brazil, and Chile / Anthony W. Pereira
- Administrative law and judicial control of agents in authoritarian regimes / Tom Ginsburg
- Singapore : the exception that proves rules matter / Gordon Silverstein
- Agents of anti-politics : courts in Pinochet's Chile / Lisa Hilbink
- Law and resistance in authoritarian states : the judicialization of politics in Egypt / Tamir Moustafa
- Courts out of context : authoritarian sources of judicial failure in Chile (1973
- 1990) and Argentina (1976
- 1983) / Robert Barros
- Enforcing the autocratic : political order and the role of courts : the case of Mexico / Beatriz Magaloni
- The institutional diffusion of courts in China : evidence from survey data / Pierre Landry
- Building judicial independence in semi-democracies : Uganda and Zimbabwe / Jennifer Widner with Daniel Scher
- Judicial power in authoritarian states : the Russian experience / Peter H. Solomon, Jr.
- Courts in semi-democratic/authoritarian regimes : the judicialization of Turkish (and Iranian) politics / Hootan Shambayati
- Judicial systems and economic development / Hilton L. Root and Karen May
- Courts in authoritarian regimes / Martin Shapiro.