Multicultural jurisprudence : comparative perspectives on the cultural defense /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland Ore. : Hart Pub., 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Multicultural jurisprudence : comparative perspectives on the cultural defense / edited by Marie-Claire Foblets and Alison Dundes Renteln.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland Ore. : Hart Pub., 2009
- Portion of Title:
- Comparative perspectives on the cultural defense
- Item Description:
"A series published for the Oñati Institute for the Sociology of Law".
- Physical Description:
xiv, 378 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -366) and index.
9781841138954 (hbk.)1841138959 (hbk.)1841138967 (pbk.)9781841138961 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- The culture defence in English common law : the potential for development / Gordon R. Woodman
- Culture, crime, and culpability : perspectives on the defence of provocation / Kumaralingam Amirthalingam
- The use and abuse of the cultural defense / Alison Dundes Renteln
- The cultural defence in Spain / Barbara Truffin and César Arjona
- Visions of a multicultural criminal law : an Australian perspective / Simon Bronitt
- The paradox of cultural differences in Dutch criminal law / Mirjam Siesling and Jeroen Ten Voorde
- The cultural defence in criminal law : South African perspectives / Pieter A. Carstens
- Criminalising Romani culture through law / Joke Kusters
- Honor killings and the cultural defense in Germany / Sylvia Maier
- A critique of 'loss of face' arguments in cultural defense cases : a comparative study / Cher Weixia Chen
- The paradox of the cultural defence : gender and cultural othering in Canada / Maneesha Deckha
- Dealing with the ethnic other in criminal law practice : a case study from the Netherlands / Brenda Carina Oude Breuil
- Cultural defence and societal dynamics / Erik Claes and Jogchum Vrielink
- The anthropologist as expert witness : the case of a murder in Maine / John L. Caughey
- Conclusion / Alison Dundes Renteln and Marie-Claire Foblets.