International governance and law : state regulation and non-state law /
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : E. Elgar, c2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
International law : norms, actors, process : a problem-oriented approach / Jeffrey L. Dunoff, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Law, Temple University Beasley School of Law ; Steven R. Ratner, Bruno Simma Collegiate Professor of Law, University of Michigan Law School ; David Wippman, Dean and William S. Pattee Professor of Law, University of Minnesota Law School.
KZ 3410 D86 2015
- International governance and law : state regulation and non-state law / edited by Hanneke van Schooten and Jonathan Verschuuren.
- Other Authors:
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : E. Elgar, 2008
- Physical Description:
xiii, 240 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- What is non-state law? : mapping the other hemisphere of the legal world / Marc Hertogh
- Philip Selznick : incipient law, state law and the rule of law / Martin Krygier
- The point of law : the interdependent functionality of state and non-state regulation / Sanne Taekema
- Can there be law without the state? : the Ehrlich-Kelsen debate revisited in a globalizing setting / Bart van Klink
- Ehrlich's non-state law and the Roman jurists / Olga Tellegen-Couperus
- Environmental regulation and non-state law : the future public policy agenda / Neil Gunningham
- The hardness of soft law in the United Kingdom : state and non-state regulatory activities related to nanotechnological development / Bärbel Dorbeck-Jung and Marloes van Amerom
- Barristers beyond the law : state and non-state actors work in partnership to enforce legal and moral norms / Jenny Job
- In a world without a sovereign : native title law in Australia / Francesca Dominello
- Regulating the living will : the role of non-state law at the end of life / Oliver W. Lembcke
- The influence of court judgments on non-state law / Hans Peters
- Conclusions and challenges : towards a fruitful relationship between state regulation and non-state law / Hanneke van Schooten and Jonathan Verschuuren.