Succeeding with your master's dissertation : a step-by-step handbook /
- Publication info:
- Maidenhead : McGraw Hill/Open University Press, 2008.
On the Shelf
- Succeeding with your master's dissertation : a step-by-step handbook / John Biggam.
- Main Author:
- Biggam, John.
Maidenhead : McGraw Hill/Open University Press, 2008
"This practical book offers straightforward guidance to help Master's students to clarify their objectives and structure their work in order to produce a successful dissertation." "Aimed primarily at Master's students or students on short postgraduate courses in business, humanities and the social sciences, this book is also key reading for supervisors and undergraduates considering postgraduate study."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
ix, 268 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 256-262) and index.
9780335227198 (pbk.)0335227198 (pbk.)0335227201 (hbk.)9780335227204 (hbk.)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Preparing for your dissertation
- 3. dissertation Introduction
- 4. Literature Review
- 5. Research methods
- 6. Writing up your findings
- 7. Concluding your dissertation
- 8. Finally: Writing the abstract
- 9. Practical issues
- 10. Summary of good practice to adopt and bad practice to avoid
- App. A. Sample Introduction
- App. B. Sample chapter outline
- App. C. Sample Literature Review Introduction
- App. D. Sample Literature Review Conclusion
- App. E. Sample Research Methods
- App. F. Sample Questionnaire
- App. G. Sample marking sheet
- App. H. Sample completed marking sheet
- App. I. Comprehensive set of useful verbs
- App. J. List of research objective keywords.