The birthright lottery : citizenship and global inequality /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Problems and prospects of refugee law : papers presented at the Colloquium organized by the Graduate Institute of International Studies in collaboration with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Geneva, 23 and 24 May, 1991 / edited by Vera Gowlland and Klaus Samson.
K 3230 R45 A55 1991A
- The birthright lottery : citizenship and global inequality / Ayelet Shachar.
- Main Author:
- Shachar, Ayelet, 1966-
Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
xiii, 273 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -261) and index.
9780674032712 (alk. paper)0674032713 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the puzzle of birthright citizenship
- Reconceptualizing membership : citizenship as inherited property
- Abolishing versus resurrecting borders : moving beyond the binary options
- A new basis for global redistribution : the birthright privilege levy
- Blood and soil : birthright citizenship in the domestic arena
- Popular defenses of birthright citizenship and their limitations
- Curtailing inheritance : towards a jus nexi membership allocation principle.