Wrongful conviction : international perspectives on miscarriages of justice /
- Publication info:
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Wrongful conviction : international perspectives on miscarriages of justice / C. Ronald Huff and Martin Killias, editors.
- Other Authors:
Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2008
- Physical Description:
viii, 318 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781592136452 (cloth : alk. paper)1592136451 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Wrongful conviction and moral panic : national and international perspectives on organized child sexual abuse / Randall Grometstein
- Judicial error and forensic science : pondering the contribution of DNA evidence / Beatrice Schiffer and Christophe Champod
- Wrongful convictions in the United States / C. Ronald Huff
- The adversary system and wrongful conviction / Marvin Zalman
- Fatal errors : compelling claims of executions of the innocent in the post-Furman era / William S. Lofquist and Talia R. Harmon
- The fallibility of justice in Canada : a critical examination of conviction review / Kathryn M. Campbell
- Wrongful convictions in Switzerland : the experience of a continental law country / Martin Killias
- The vulnerability of Dutch criminal procedure to wrongful conviction / Chrisje Brants
- Criminal justice and miscarriages of justice in England and Wales / Clive Walker and Carole McCartney
- A comparative analysis of prosecution in Germany and the United Kingdom : searching for truth or getting a conviction? / Isabel Kessler
- Wrongful convictions in France : the limits of "pourvoi en révision" / Nathalie Dongois
- The sanctity of criminal law : thoughts and reflections on wrongful conviction in Israel / Arye Rattner
- Wrongful convictions in Poland : from the Communist era to the Rechtstaat experience / Emil W. Plywaczewski, Adam Górski, and Andrzej Sakowicz
- Wrongful conviction : conclusions from an international overview / C. Ronald Huff and Martin Killias.