Truth machine : the contentious history of DNA fingerprinting /
- Publication info:
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Truth machine : the contentious history of DNA fingerprinting / Michael Lynch ... [et al.].
- Other Authors:
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2008
- Portion of Title:
- Contentious history of DNA fingerprinting
- Physical Description:
xxii, 391 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -378) and index.
9780226498065 (cloth : alk. paper)0226498069 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- A revolution in forensic science?
- DNA profiling techniques
- A techno-legal controversy
- Admissibility, controversy, and judicial metascience
- Molecular biology and the dispersion of technique
- Chains of custody and administrative objectivity
- The U.K. National DNA Database
- Deconstructing probability in the case R. v. Deen
- Bayesians, frequentists, and the DNA database search controversy
- Science, common sense, and DNA evidence
- Fixing controversy, performing closure
- Fingerprinting and probability
- Fingerprinting : an inversion of credibility