Law, mind and brain /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Law, mind and brain / edited by Michael Freeman and Oliver R. Goodenough.
- Other Authors:
Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2009
- Item Description:
"Law, mind and brain has grown out of an international interdisciplinary colloquium held in the Law Faculty of the University College London (UCL) in 2006"--Preface.
- Physical Description:
xii, 416 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780754670131 (hardback : alk. paper)0754670139 (hardback : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Law, responsibility and the brain / Dean Mobbs ... [et al.]
- Brain imaging and courtroom evidence : on the admissibility and persuasiveness of fMRI / Neal Feigenson
- Mind the gap : problems of mind, body and brain in the criminal law / Lisa Claydon
- Self-exclusion agreements : should we be free not to be free to ruin ourselves? : gambling, self-exclusion agreements and the brain / Florian Wagner-von Papp
- The problems with blaming / Theodore Y. Blumoff
- Why distinguish "mental" and "physical" illness in the law of involuntary treatment? / John Dawson and George Szmukler
- A stable paradigm : revisiting capacity, vulnerability and the rights claims of adolescents after Roper v. Simmons / Catherine J. Ross
- Thinking like a child : legal implications of recent developments in brain research for juvenile offenders / Katherine Hunt Federle and Paul Skendelas
- Legal implications of memory-dampening / Adam Kolber
- Reframing the good death : enhancing choice in dying, neuroscience, end-of-life research and the potential of psychedelics in palliative care / Robin Mackenzie
- Equality in exchange revisited : from an evolutionary (genetic and cultural) point of view / Bart Du Laing
- Just (and efficient?) compensation for governmental expropriations / Jeffrey Evans Stake
- Examining the biological bases of family law : lessons to be learned from the evolutionary analysis of law / June Carbone and Naomi Cahn
- Why do good people steal intellectual property? / Oliver R. Goodenough and Gregory Decker
- Cues in the courtroom : when do they improve jurors' decisions? / Cheryl Boudreau
- Reflections on reading : words and pictures and law / Christina Spiesel.