Permutations of order : religion and law as contested sovereignties /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Code of Canon Law annotated : Latin-English edition of the Code of Canon Law and English-language translation of the 5th Spanish-language edition of the commentary prepared under the responsibility of the Instituto Martín de Azpilcueta / edited by E. Caparros, M. Thériault, J. Thorn.
K 3282 C2 C37 1993
- Permutations of order : religion and law as contested sovereignties / edited by Thomas G. Kirsch, Bertram Turner.
- Other Authors:
Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2009
- Meeting Name:
Legitimate and the Supernatural : Law and Religion in a Complex World
- Item Description:
"This volume resulted from an international conference on 'The Legitimate and the Supernatural : Law and religion in a complex world' at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Salle/Saale, Germany, 25-27 August 2005"--Acknowledgements.
- Physical Description:
xii, 269 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Law and religion in permutation of order : an introduction / Bertram Turner and Thomas G. Kirsch
- Persecution for reasons of religion under the 1951 Refugee Convention / Anthony Good
- Religious freedom law and the protection of sacred sites / René Kuppe
- The Cuban Republic and its wizards / Stephan Palmié
- Judicious succession and judicial religion : internal conflict and legal dispute in a religious reform movement in India / Anindita Chakrabarti
- Order and dissent among old colony Mennonites : a regime of embedded sovereignty / Lorenzo Cañás Bottos
- There is no power except for God : locality, global Christianity, and immigrant transnational incorporation / Nina Glick Schiller
- Customary, state and human rights approaches to containing witchcraft in Cameroon / Michaela Pelican
- Constitutionally divine : legal hermeneutics in African Pentecostal Christianity / Thomas G. Kirsch
- Religious message and transnational interventionism : constructing legal practice in the Moroccan Souss / Bertram Turner
- Playing the religious card : competing for district leadership in West Sumba, Indonesia / Jacqueline Vel
- Beyond the law-religion divide : law and religion in West Sumatra / Franz and Keebet von Benda-Beckmann
- Negotiating custody rights in Islamic family law / Nahda Shehada.