The International Bill of Rights : the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights /
- Publication info:
- New York : Columbia University Press, 1981.
On the Shelf
Human dignity : the internationalization of human rights : with selected international human rights documents : essays based on an Aspen Institute workshop / sponsored by the Program on Justice, Society, and the Individual and the Program in International Affairs ; edited by Alice H. Henkin. --
K 3240.6 H85
- The International Bill of Rights : the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights / Louis Henkin, editor. --
- Other Authors:
New York : Columbia University Press, 1981
- Added Title:
- Physical Description:
x, 523 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The development of the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights / Vratislav Pechota
- To respect and to ensure, state obligations and permissible derogations / Thomas Buergenthal
- The self-determination of peoples / Antonio Cassese
- The right to life, physical integrity, and liberty / Yoram Dinstein
- Due process of law for persons accused of crime / Haji N.A. Noor Muhammad
- The freedom of movement / Stig Jagerskiold
- Legal personality, privacy, and the family / Fernando Volio
- Freedom of conscience and expression, and political freedoms / Karl Josef Partsch
- Equality and nondiscrimination / B.G. Ramcharan
- The rights of minorities / Louis B. Sohn
- Permissible limitations on rights / Alexandre Charles Kiss
- The obligation to implement the Covenant in domestic law / Oscar Schachter
- The implementation system / A.H. Robertson.