Modern methods for musicology : prospects, proposals, and realities /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
On the Shelf
- Modern methods for musicology : prospects, proposals, and realities / edited by Tim Crawford, Lorna Gibson.
- Other Authors:
Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2009
- Item Description:
Revised versions of conference proceedings, Expert Seminar in Music, held at Royal Holloway, University of London, Mar. 3, 2006.
- Physical Description:
xx, 185 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), music ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780754673026 (alk. paper)0754673022 (alk. paper)9780754681755 (ebook)0754681750 (ebook)
Table of Contents
- Introduction / David Meredith
- Computer representation of music in the research environment / Geraint A. Wiggins
- Digital critical editions of music : a multidimensional model / Frans Wiering
- Filling gaps between current musicological practice and computer technology at IRCAM / Michael Fingerhut and Nicolas Donin
- The computer and the singing voice / David M. Howard
- Modern methods for musicology : prospects, proposals and realities : mapping the use of ICT in creative music practice / Celia Duffy
- On the use of computational methods for expressive music performance / Werner Goebl and Gerhard Widmer
- Understanding the capabilities of ICT tools for searching, annotation and analysis of audio-visual media / Adam T. Lindsay
- Audio tools for music discovery / Michael Casey
- What was the question? : music analysis and the computer / Alan Marsden.