The qualitative dissertation : a guide for students and faculty /
- Publication info:
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
On the Shelf
- The qualitative dissertation : a guide for students and faculty / Maria Piantanida, Noreen B. Garman ; foreword by Frances Schoonmaker.
- Main Author:
- Piantanida, Maria.
- Other Authors:
Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, 2009
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
xxiv, 301 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 274-298) and index.
9781412951074 (cloth : acid-free paper)1412951070 (cloth : acid-free paper)9781412951081 (pbk. : acid-free paper)1412951089 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Table of Contents
- Coming to study
- On the deliberative nature of the dissertation
- Meanings of the dissertation
- Facing the dissertation
- Orienting oneself to interpretive inquiry
- Situating oneself in the inquiry
- Rethinking the concept of method
- Rethinking the concept of data
- Moving from the experiential to the theoretic
- Developing ideas for the dissertation proposal
- Crafting an interpretive dissertation proposal
- Proposing the dissertation study
- Living with the study
- Entering into public discourse? : the dissertation meeting
- Life after the dissertation.