Employment class and collective actions : proceedings of the New York University 56th Annual Conference on Labor /
- Publication info:
- Austin [Tex] : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Class actions : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Class actions: the 10th platinum collectors' CLE, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 25, 2005 / course chair. Ward K. Branch ; faculty, Donald I. Brenner ... [et al.] ; CLE program lawyer, Catherine J. Branch.
KF 8896 A75 C53 2005
Les recours collectifs en Ontario et au Québec : actes de la première Conférence Yves Pratte / sous la direction de Alain Prujiner et Jacqueline Roy = Class actions in Ontario and Québec : proceedings of the First Yves Pratte Conference / edited by Alain Prujiner et Jacqueline Roy.
KF 8896 A75 Y84 1991
- Employment class and collective actions : proceedings of the New York University 56th Annual Conference on Labor / edited by David Sherwyn ; series editor Samuel Estreicher.
- Other Authors:
Austin [Tex] : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2009
- Meeting Name:
New York University Conference on Labor
- Item Description:
Conference held May 8-9, 2003.At head of title: Kluwer Law International.
- Physical Description:
xxxvii, 1149 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The price of discrimination : the nature of class action employment discrimination litigation and its effects / Michael Selmi
- Measuring the value of class and collective action employment settlements : a preliminary assessment / Samuel Estreicher, Kristina Yost
- Class and representative actions / Richard T. Seymour, John F. Aslin
- Fighting to keep employment discrimination class actions alive : how Allison v. Citgo's predomination requirement threatens to undermine Title VII enforcement / Suzette M. Malveaux
- The uncertain future of Title VII class actions after the Civil Rights Act of 1991 / Daniel F. Piar
- A classless act : the Ninth Circuit's erroneous class certification in Dukes v. Wal-Mart, Inc. / Aaron B. Lauchheimer
- Too many riches? Dukes v. Wal-Mart and the efficacy of monolithic class actions . Rachel M. Pickens
- The possibility of avoiding discrimination : considering compliance and liability / Melissa Hart
- Preclusion in class action litigation / Tobias Barrington Wolff
- Opt-in class actions : collective litigation under the FLSA, ADEA, and EPA / Mark S. Dichter
- Not without class : test cases in lieu of class certification as a paradigm for litigating multi-plaintiff harassment cases / Steven Arenson, Craig J. Ackermann
- 'Pattern or practice' discrimination litigation / Michael Delikat
- Disability, disparate impact, and class actions / Michael Ashley Stein, Michael E. Waterstone
- Collective and class action issues under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state-based wages statutes / Adam T. Klein, Nantiya Ruan, Sean Farhang
- Working with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission / Wayne N. Outten, Piper Hoffman
- Green Tree v. Bazzle in the Supreme Court : 'how to succeed in blocking class actions in arbitration without really saying so' / Daniel B. Edelman
- Arbitration agreements, unconscionability, and bans on class actions : dueling magic wands? The California experience / Henry D. Lederman
- When is cost an unlawful barrier to alternative dispute resolution? The Ever Green Tree of mandatory employment arbitration / Michael H. LeRoy, Peter Feuille
- Arbitration and the individuation critique / W. Mark C. Weidemaier
- Building an internal defense against class action lawsuits : human resources practices audits / G. Roger King ... [et al.]
- 'Statistical dueling' with unconventional weapons : what courts should know about experts in employment discrimination class actions / William T. Bielby, Pamela Coukos
- Symposium: Emerging issues in class action law : backdoor federalization / Samuel Issacharoff, Catherine M. Sharkey
- From 'predominance' to 'resolvability' : a new approach to regulating class actions / Allan Erbsen.