Consumer credit, debt and bankruptcy : comparative and international perspectives /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Consumer credit, debt and bankruptcy : comparative and international perspectives / edited by Johanna Niemi, Iain Ramsay and William C. Whitford.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2009
- Item Description:
Selected papers from the meeting of the Law and Society Association held in Berlin during July 2007.
- Physical Description:
viii, 453 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Inequality and access to financial services / Gregory D. Squires
- The political economy of consumer credit securitization : comparing predatory lending in home finance in the US, UK, Germany and Japan / Christopher L. Peterson
- Consumer overindebtedness in Brazil and the need for new consumer bankruptcy legislation / Cláudia Lima-Marques and Antônio Benjamin
- 'Wannabe WAGS' and 'credit binges : the construction of overindebtedness in the UK / Iain Ramsay
- Overindebted households and law : prevention and rehabilitation in Europe / Johanna Niemi
- 'A call to arms'
- for regulation of consumer lending / Udo Reifner
- The political economy of the EC Consumer Credit Directive / Sefa M. Franken
- Disclosure as an imperfect means for addressing overindebtedness : an empirical assessment of comparative approaches/ Susan Block-Lieb, ... [et al.]
- Prevention of overindebtedness and mechanisms for resolving overindebtedness of South African consumers / Michelle Kelly-Louw
- The myth of the cautious consumer : law, culture, economics and politics in the rise and partial fall of unsecured lending in Japan / Souichirou Kozuka and Luke Nottage
- Making sense of nation-level bankruptcy filing rates / Ronald J. Mann
- Overindebtedness and financial stress : a comparative study in Europe / Catarina Frade and Claudia Abreu Lopes
- Bankruptcy in Germany : filing rates and the people behind the numbers / Wolfram Backert, ... [et al.]
- Elderly consumer weakness in 'withholding credit' / Johannes Doll
- Two decades, three key questions, and evolving answers in European consumer insolvency law : responsibility, discretion, and sacrifice / Jason Kilborn
- A law-in-action approach to comparative study of repayment forms of consumer bankruptcy / Jean Braucher
- Debt agreements down under / John Duns and Rosalind Mason
- Personal bankruptcy in Korea / Soogeun Oh
- New Labour : more debt
- the political response / Michael Green
- Debt counselling in the shadow of the court : the Dutch experience / Nadja Jungmann and Nick Huls.