Making the grade : the economic evolution of American school districts /
- Publication info:
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2009.
On the Shelf
A state's supervision of its elementary schools; the development and present activities of the Elementary Division of the State Department of Education of Louisiana, and a program for its future service, by Murphy P. Rogers. New York, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University, 1936. -
LB 2809 L8 R6 1972
- Making the grade : the economic evolution of American school districts / William A. Fischel.
- Main Author:
- Fischel, William A.
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
xi, 298 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780226251301 (cloth : alk. paper)0226251306 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction : mobility, property, and community
- Early American land policies and the marvelously efficient one-room school
- Explaining the school district consolidation movement
- "Will I see you in September?" : labor mobility and the standard school calendar
- The economic geography of school districts
- Education reforms and social capital in school districts.