Managing the testing process : practical tools and techniques for managing software and hardware testing /
- Publication info:
- Indianapolis, IN : Wiley ; Chichester : John Wiley [distributor], c2009.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- Managing the testing process : practical tools and techniques for managing software and hardware testing / Rex Black.
- Main Author:
- Black, Rex, 1964-
Indianapolis, IN : Chichester : Wiley ; 2009
- 3rd ed.
- Cover Title:
- Managing the testing process : practical tools and techniques for managing hardware and software testing
- Physical Description:
xxxiv, 638 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 591-595) and index.
9780470404157 (pbk.)0470404159 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Defining what's on your plate: the foundation of a test project
- Plotting and presenting your course: the test plan
- Test system architecture, cases, and coverage
- Exciting career in entomology awaits you: a bug tracking database
- Managing test cases: the test tracking spreadsheet
- Tips and tools for crunch mode: managing the dynamic
- Stocking and managing a test lab
- Staffing and managing a test team
- Triumph of politics: organizational challenges for test managers
- Involving other players: distributed testing, outsourcing, and related topics
- Economics of testing: fiscal context
- Testing implications of project and process: situational context.