Psychological science in the courtroom : consensus and controversy /
- Publication info:
- New York : Guilford Press, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Psychological science in the courtroom : consensus and controversy / edited by Jennifer L. Skeem, Kevin S. Douglas, Scott O. Lilienfeld.
- Other Authors:
New York : Guilford Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
xiv, 418 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Standards of legal admissibility and their implications for psychological science / David L. Faigman and John Monahan
- Daubert and psychological science in court : judging validity from the bench, bar, and jury box / Bradley D. McAuliff and Jennifer L. Groscup
- The scientific status of "repressed" and "recovered" memories of sexual abuse / Deborah Davis and Elizabeth F. Loftus
- Forensic hypnosis : the state of the science / Steven Jay Lynn, ... [et al].
- Expert testimony regarding eyewitness identification / Brian L. Cutler and Gary L. Wells
- Techniques and controversies in the interrogation of suspects : the artful practice versus the scientific study / Allison D. Redlich and Christian A. Meissner
- Reliability of child witnesses' reports / Maggie Bruck and Stephen J. Ceci
- The psychopathy checklist in the courtroom : consensus and controversies / John F. Edens, Jennifer L. Skeem and Patrick J. Kennealy
- Projective techniques in the courtroom / James M. Wood, ... [et al].
- Psychophysiological detection of deception and guilty knowledge / William G. Iacono
- Criminal profiling : facts, fictions, and courtroom admissibility / Richard N. Kocsis
- The science and pseudoscience of assessing psychological injuries / William J. Koch, Rami Nader and Michelle Haring
- Controversies in child custody evaluations / William T. O'Donohue, Kendra Beitz and Lauren Tolle
- Controversies in evaluating competency to stand trial / Norman G. Poythress and Patricia A. Zapf
- Violence risk assessment : core controversies / Kirk Heilbrun, Kevin S. Douglas, and Kento Yasuhara
- Appropriate treatment works, but how? : rehabilitating general, psychopathic, and high-risk offenders / Jennifer L. Skeem, Devon L.L. Polaschek and Sarah Manchak
- Finding common ground between scientific psychology and the law / John P. Petrila.