How does law matter? /
- Publication info:
- Evanston, Ill. : Northwestern University Press : American Bar Foundation, 1998.
|Due: Jan 20, 2020||SCOTT-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- How does law matter? / edited by Bryant G. Garth, Austin Sarat.
- Other Authors:
Evanston, Ill. : Northwestern University Press : 1998
- Physical Description:
259 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0810114356 (paper : acid-free paper)9780810114357 (paper : acid-free paper)0810114348 (cloth : acid-free paper)9780810114340 (cloth : acid-free paper)
Table of Contents
- Studying how law matters: an introduction / Bryant G. Garth, Austin Sarat
- How law matters in disputing and dispute processing (or, the contingency of legal matter im informal dispute processes) / Lauren B. Edelman, Mia Cahill
- Legal response to discrimination: Does law matter? John J. Donohue
- How does law matter for social movements? / Michael W. McCann
- How does law matter in the constitution or legal consciousness? / David M. Engel
- Body images: how does the body matter in the legal imaginations? / Kristin Bumiller
- Law, social contract theory, and the construction of colonial hierarchies / June F. Collier
- Jury: how does law matter? / Shari Seidman Diamond, Jason Schklar
- A resource theory of the criminal law: exploring when it matters / Richard Lempert.