Law and agonistic politics /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, Vt. : Ashgate, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Feb 12, 2020||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Law and agonistic politics / edited by Andrew Schaap.
- Other Authors:
Farnham, England ; Burlington, Vt. : Ashgate, 2009
- Item Description:
Based on four workshops held in Edinburgh, Melbourne, Florence and Exeter in 2006 and 2007.
- Physical Description:
ix, 229 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The democratic Narcissus : the agonism of the ancients compared to that of the (post)moderns / Andreas Kalyvas
- Democratic agon : striving for distinction or struggle against domination and injustice? / Jean-Philippe Deranty and Emmanuel Renault
- The opening : alegality and political agonism / Hans Lindahl
- The expressive agon : on political agency in a constitutional democratic polity / David Owen
- Staging dissensus : Frederick Douglass and 'we, the people' / Jason Frank
- Polemos and agon / Alex Thomson
- Questioning the law? : on heteronomy in public autonomy / Bert van Roermund
- Agonism, antagonism and the necessity of care / Keith Breen
- The stranger in synagonistic politics / Nathalie Karagiannis and Peter Wagner
- Passionate subjectivity, contestation and acknowledgement : rereading Austin and Cavell / Aletta J. Norval
- On the rationality of disagreement and feeling : brethren, bombers and the construction of the common / Fiona Jenkins
- The complex agon / Adrian Little
- The absurd proposition of aboriginal sovereignty / Andrew Schaap.