Moral argument, religion, and same-sex marriage : advancing the public good /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Moral argument, religion, and same-sex marriage : advancing the public good / edited by Gordon A. Babst, Emily R. Gill, and Jason Pierceson.
- Other Authors:
Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, 2009
- Physical Description:
xix, 245 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Table of Contents
- A commentary on the old saw that same-sex marriage threatens civilization / Ronald L. Steiner
- Looking for liberty and defining marriage in three same-sex marriage cases / Karen Struening
- The religion clauses and same-sex marriages / Emily R. Gill
- Against neutrality in the legal recognition of intimate relationships / Carlos A. Ball
- Marriage equality and the morality of liberalism : the California decision / R. Claire Snyder-Hall
- Same-sex marriage and the American political tradition / Jason Pierceson
- The special status of religion under the First Amendment
- and what it means for gay rights and antidiscrimination laws / Sam Marcosson
- Supporting queer youth : a new vision of child, family, and state / Valerie Lehr
- Consuming its own? : heteronormativity contra human plurality / Gordon A. Babst
- Conclusion : the moral values project : a call to moral action in politics / Chai R. Feldblum.