Regulation of the legal profession /
- Publication info:
- Austin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Regulation of the legal profession / Stephen Gillers.
- Main Author:
- Gillers, Stephen, 1943-
Austin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2009
- Physical Description:
xvi, 412 p. ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- What are legal ethics?
- What lawyers owe clients : an introduction
- What lawyers owe clients : competence
- What lawyers owe clients : confidentiality
- Privilege and confidentiality for organizational clients
- What lawyers owe clients : other attributes of the attorney-client relationship
- How the law protects the attorney-client relationship
- Lawyers and money
- Conflicts of interest : an introduction
- Current client conflicts
- Special current client conflict rules
- Former client conflicts
- Imputation of conflicts
- Lawyers in government
- Consents to conflict
- Ethics in advocacy
- Special rules for real evidence
- The "no-comment" rule
- Transactional lawyers
- Lawyers for organizations
- Virtual (or vicarious) clients
- Admission to the bar
- Lawyer liability
- Restrictions on advertising and solicitation.