6th annual symposium on class actions.
- Publication info:
- Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Osgoode Professional Development CLE, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Class actions : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Class actions: the 10th platinum collectors' CLE, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 25, 2005 / course chair. Ward K. Branch ; faculty, Donald I. Brenner ... [et al.] ; CLE program lawyer, Catherine J. Branch.
KF 8896 A75 C53 2005
- 6th annual symposium on class actions.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Osgoode Professional Development CLE, 2009
- Other Title:
- Sixth annual symposium on class actions
- Portion of Title:
- Symposium on class actions
- Portion of Title:
- Class actions
- Meeting Name:
Annual National Class Actions Symposium
- Item Description:
"April 2-3, 2009."Planning Committee: Garry D. Watson, ... [et al.].
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) ; 29 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Class actions in Saskatchewan 2008-2009 / by Robert W. Lurer and Janson W. Mohrbutter
- [Class actions in Atlantic Canada [presentation slides]] / Peter Driscoll
- Cross-country check-up Atlantic Region / presented by Peter J. Driscoll
- Class action list
- The Nova Scotia Class Proceedings Act ("CPA") : a primer / A. Douglas Tupper
- Cross-country check-up : what do Québec courts want [presentation slides] / Normand Painchaud
- Cross Canada check-up : Alberta from April 2008 to April 2009 / Clint G. Docken and Kimberly Johnston
- An overview of noteworthy class actions in British Columbia in the past year / authors: David Neave Karine Oldfield
- Class proceedings and lawyers' conflicts of interest / Paul Perell
- Innovative class proceedings : recent trends / Kirk Baert and Sarah Mason-Case
- Environmental class actions : has the Supreme Court of Canada opened the door wider? [presentation slides] / Marc-André Boutin
- Discovery and trials of class actions / moderator: Warren K. Winkler ; panelists: Calum MacLeod, Joel Rochon, Paul J. Evraire
- Product liability class proceedings : the current debate over waiver of tort / by David S. Morritt and Patricia McMahon
- Deterrence and the liability limits under part XXIII.1 of the Ontario Securities Act / A. Dimitri Lascaris
- Disclosure, the leave standard and cross-border classes under part XXIII.1 of the Ontario Securities Act / R. Paul Steep
- Arbitration clauses and class actions / [moderator: David W. Kent ; panelists: David Stratas, Patricia D.S. Jackson]
- Why a defendant-proposed alternative dispute resolution process can and sometimes should be the preferable procedure / John Lorn McDougall, Timothy M. Banks
- Governments as class action defendants / a paper presented by D. Clifton Prowse and Audrey G. Lieberman
- Rex v. Lex : class actions against the Crown [presentation slides] / by R. Douglas Elliott
- Canadian competition class actions : new law, new claims, more fun / Katherine L. Kay
- Cost in class proceedings : an overview of the statutory regime in Canadian common law provinces / Kirk M. Baert, Anthony Guindon
- Financing class actions and costs awards in class proceedings / Adrian C. Lang and Sarah C. Niskar
- National classes.