Climate law and developing countries : legal and policy challenges for the world economy /
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
International environmental law and policy / by David Hunter, Professor of Law, Director, Program on International and Comparative Environmental Law, Director, International Legal Studies Program, Washington College of Law, American University; James Salzman, Donald Bren Distinguished Professor of Environmental Law, University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, University of California, Santa Barbara Bren School of Environmental Science & Management; Durwood Zaelke, President, Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development, Director, International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement, Adjunct Professor of Law, Washington College of Law, American University, Co-Director, Program on Governance for Sustainable Development, University of California, Santa Barbara.
K 3585.3 H86 2015
Le droit à un environnement humain : proposition pour un protocole additionnel à la Convention européenne des Droits de l'Homme : The right to a humane environment : Das Recht auf eine menschenwürdige Umwelt / par le Groupe de travail pour le Droit de l'Environnement (Bonn) ; Rapporteur : Heinhard Steiger.
K 3585.4 A72
- Climate law and developing countries : legal and policy challenges for the world economy / edited by Benjamin J. Richardson ... [et al.].
- Other Authors:
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, 2009
- Local Note:
Osgoodiana copy in original publisher's hardcover binding.
- Item Description:
Other editors: Yves Le Bouthilier, Heather McLeod-Kilmurray, Stepan Wood.
- Physical Description:
xv, 425 pages ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: climate law and developing countries / Benjamin J. Richardson, Yves Le Bouthillier, Heather McLeod-Kilmurray and Stepan Wood
- . Climate change, differentiated responsibilities and state responsibility: devising novel legal strategies for damage caused by climate change / Sumudu Atapattu
- India?s constitutional challenge: a less visible climate change catastrophe / Deepa Badrinarayana
- Promoting justice within the international legal system: prospects for climate refugees / Angela Williams
- Climate change and indigenous peoples in the South Pacific: the need for regional and local strategies / Eric Kwa
- . Supporting adaptation in developing countries at the national and global levels / Jolene Lin
- . Designing a REDD mechanism: The TDERM triptych / Claire Stockwell, William Hare and Kirsten Macey
- The role of marine ?forests? and soils as carbon sinks: enhanced bio-sequestration as a mitigation strategy to help avoid dangerous climate change / Robert Fowler
- Adaptation to climate change to save biodiversity: lessons learned from African and European experiences / Saja Erens, Jonathan Verschuuren and Kees Bastmeijer
- The deadlock of the clean development mechanism: caught between sustainability, environmental integrity and economic efficiency / Christina Voigt
- Beautifying Africa for the clean development mechanism: legal and institutional issues considered / Damilola S. Olawuyi
- Policy and legal dimensions of CDM projects in the forestry sector: implications for climate change mitigation and adaptation in Uganda / Emmanuel B. Kasimbazi
- Brazilian policy on biodiesels: a sound means of mitigating climate change? / Solange Teles da Silva and Carolina Dutra
- Improving citizen responsibility in the North and its consequences for the South: voluntary carbon offsets and government involvement / Marjan Peeters
- Climate and trade in a divided world: can measures adopted in the North end up shaping climate change legislative frameworks in the South? / Francesco Sindico
- Climate change in the European Union development cooperation policy / Marie-Pierre Lanfranchi and Sandrine Maljean-Dubois.