Public and private justice : dispute resolution in modern societies /
- Publication info:
- Antwerpen : Intersentia ; [Croatia : IUS Commune ; Dubrovnik : Inter University Centre, c2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- Public and private justice : dispute resolution in modern societies / A. Uzelac, C.H. van Rhee (eds.).
- Other Authors:
Antwerpen : [Croatia : Dubrovnik : Intersentia ; 2007
- Physical Description:
xiv, 230 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Public and private justice : the challenges of rational assessment of performance in the contemporary justice systems / A. Uzelac
- Public justice : some historical remarks / C.H. van Rhee
- The revolution betrayed : the evolution of the judicial system in France, Belgium and the Netherlands since the French Revolution / D. Heirbaut
- Private or public justice? : modern disputes on the origin of civil procedure in Roman law / M. Petrak
- Modernity in search of tradition : the formation of the modern Croatian judiciary 1848?1918 / D. Čepulo
- Human rights in the development of legal aid in Europe : the policy work on legal aid in the Council of Europe and its Commission on the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) / Jon T. Johnsen
- The length of civil proceedings in Croatia : main causes of delay / A. Grgić
- Reform in the Croatian justice system / M.-H. Enderlin, N. Granfelt, S. Seppanen
- Mandatory mediation : informal injustice? / R. Verkijk
- Court-based mediation and its place in Slovenia / N. Betetto
- Alternative dispute resolution and mediation in Croatia / M. Vukelić.