The double helix and the law of evidence /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2010.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- The double helix and the law of evidence / David H. Kaye.
- Main Author:
- Kaye, D. H. 1947- (David H.),
Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2010
- Physical Description:
xvi, 330 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Before DNA : genetic markers
- Trial by mathematics
- The dawn of DNA typing
- The emergence of VNTR profiling
- The intensifying debate over probability and population genetics
- The initial reaction to the 1992 NRC report
- Ending the debate over population genetics
- Moving back to errors and relatives
- Moving on to short tandem repeat loci
- Transcending race and unscrambling mixed stains
- Outside the nucleus : mitochondrial DNA
- Stray hairs
- Learning from DNA.