The rights and wrongs of land restitution : 'restoring what was ours' /
- Publication info:
- Abingdon [England] ; New York : Routledge-Cavendish, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The rights and wrongs of land restitution : 'restoring what was ours' / edited by Derick Fay and Deborah James.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Abingdon [England] ; New York : Routledge-Cavendish, 2009
- Item Description:
Chiefly papers presented at the American Anthropological Association Annual Meeting in 2005."A GlassHouse book."
- Physical Description:
xx, 288 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- 'Restoring what was ours' : an introduction / Derick Fay and Deborah James
- Property, subjection and protected areas : the 'restitution' of Dwesa-Cwebe Nature Reserve, South Africa / Derick Fay
- 'They should be killed' : forest restitution, ethnic groups, and patronage in post-socialist Romania / Stefan Dorondel
- The lie of the land : identity politics and the Canadian land claims process in Labrador / Evie Plaice
- The antithesis of restitution? : a note on the dynamics of land negotiations in the Yukon, Canada / Paul Nadasdy
- Enacting sovereignty in a colonized space : the Yolngu of Blue Mud Bay meet the native title process / Frances Morphy
- Ethnoracial land restitution : finding Indians and fugitive slave descendants in the Brazilian northeast / Jan Hoffman French
- The will-to-community : between loss and reclamation in Cape Town / Christiaan Beyers
- Through the prism : local reworking of land restitution settlements in South Africa / Yves van Leynseele and Paul Hebinck
- ¡Dueños de todo y de nada! (owners of all and nothing) : restitution of Indian territories in the Central Andes of Peru / Monique Nuijten and David Lorenzo
- Que sucede con PROCEDE? (what is happening with PROCEDE?) : the end of land restitution in rural Mexico / Kristina Tiedje
- 'We'll never give in to the Indians' : opposition to restitution in New York State / Brian Blancke.